Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Still Kicking

Fifth Tuesday of the month was alive and well at The Fieldhouse tonight! Glad to see that the blogging community has not faded into the sunset as many of the blogs I used to read have faded. Seems everyone is on Facebook. I know I spend too much time there and playing games. There are things I think about and care about, but I have not been motivated to write about them.

It was nice to talk to people about city council, county board, restaurants past & present, the demise of Peoria Times and challenge of the paper in Woodford County. We talked old jobs, new jobs and present jobs. And we laughed. Maybe, just maybe, the Blogger Bash has motivated me to write more.

Most of all, the evening was just plain fun and enjoyable!

3 comments:

Chef Kevin said...

Where's the "like" button? Oh, wait, that's Facebook. Just kidding!!

I think a few of us discussed what you posted after you left. It seems like a lot of people had jumped on the blogging bandwagon, but now have found either other creative outlets or just have found a different niche in the online world.

PeoriaIllinoisan said...

Ahh yes, it has been a while for me, but it was nice to get out and see everyone's face again, if only briefly. Glad to see some of us are still kicking.

shay said...

Yes- glad I got visit with you for a short bit :)

-Scott