Friday, September 5, 2008

Reality Sucks!

Reality brushed against desire and knocked it flat. No more silent discussions between Me, Myself and I. Since I am generally practical and logical, the only decision that could be made is that there is no way I can retire this year. Financially, I could have scraped by or looked for a part time job, but I don't like scraping by. The real clincher was insurance. I have pretty good coverage now and I don't want to be without it for a year.

It is actually liberating to have made a decision. Most days, I actually like my job and the last 12 months have gone quickly. I figure the next 12 to 14 months will fly by too.

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Ramble, I think this will be good. You love your job and you are fantastic at it!

ontheseniorside said...

Glad you make your choice as you had been sitting on the fence for quite a while over it. The time will go by quickly as we both know.

Rixblix said...

We'll all help make sure that the time flies for you. I'm sorry that you couldn't retire sooner, but I'm relieved that you won't be going without insurance.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made a decision one way or the other, Ramble. Now you can concentrate on thinking about what you want to do when you are finally able to retire from that position.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ramble,

I am in the same boat as you with the state job. New contract pretty shaky, they can open it back up and raise health care in 2 years. So I am going to try to hang in for 4 more. I have worked a second part time job, and it was not fun. I figure if I have to work I might as well stay with the pay and benefits I am use to.
Conniesue