Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One Little Word

January 1, 2014, New Year's Day.  I was watching The Today Show after CBS This Morning was over.  They interviewed a man who suggested that rather than make resolutions, identify a word, just one word, that would sum up what you hoped to accomplish in the year.  It should encompass everything that would be on a list of resolutions if you were to make one.  He suggested posting it around the house, maybe frame it or make a screensaver out of it.  I thought about his suggestion for a bit and a word came to mind.  I thought about the suggestion off and on throughout the day.  The word has not changed, so I guess I was meant to go with it.  I am going to make copies of my word and hang it on the wall, attach it to the refrigerator, tape a copy on the scale, write it on duct tape to put on my gym bag, affix it to the computer monitor and  the clock I look at most often.  I will figure out where else I need reminders.  Will have to put it in the car and probably several other places.  My word covers most aspects of my life.  My word is BALANCE.