Sunday, May 3, 2009

Progress

Siding has been delivered! It is a nice "sand" color. Very light and not yellow, so I am happy and can't wait for it to start to go up. Basically I asked the installer to get a sand or off-white (cream) - as long as it didn't cost more than white. I had not seen the color until today. I said, "I trust your judgment" and he didn't let me down. Also on the trailer are the boards for the new front porch floor. Looking forward that going into place also.

Then it will be time to do the finish work inside as the windows get trimmed out. For the first time, I am able to open every window in the house. There were several that were painted shut and had not been opened for as long as I have lived here and who knows how much longer. Only one snag so far. The solder in the beveled glass window in front has been sun/heat damaged over the years and needs to be repaired before it is placed back in its position.

The glass is warped and several of the little "panes" are loose. I will call around and see if I can find a glass shop that can repair it. Otherwise it is off to the Habitat Re-Store to see what they have or try to find reasonable (ha-ha) stained glass.

I took a good look at the garage roof today. It really needs new shingles. I guess it will have to be added to the ever-growing list of things I want done in time to get it paid for before retirement. If I keep going, I may never get to retire!

1 comment:

Themis said...

Wow, you're really getting a lot done! Can't wait to see the finished results. Oh, and I hear retirement is highly overrated anyway. *sigh*