Saturday, January 2, 2010

Flight

After the attempted bombing of the inbound airplane at Detroit on Christmas Day, I wondered about how it would be flying into Detroit on 12/29. Even more, I wondered how it would be flying out of Detroit on 1/1/10! There was very little change leaving Peoria at 6:25 AM. Perhaps an extra security person or two, but otherwise the only change was the need to show the boarding pass as I walked through the scanner and again to the crew when I boarded the plane.

I don't know how screening went for international travel, but leaving Detroit was a breeze. There were several more security personnel than usual, but they were just standing around (observing, I am sure). There was no need to be at the airport two hours before flight time. The almost non-existent line at security moved quickly. The only difference was the request to place the shoes on the conveyor belt rather than in the plastic tub. Again, the flight crew checked the boarding pass. They did count passengers and compare passengers to their flight list.

I did not notice any hesitation on the part of fellow travelers on either flight. I still love to fly and will take advantage of any opportunity to hop a plane!

4 comments:

LoisW said...

I flew this holiday season too. It seemed to be a breeze. I might even do it again! LOL

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I begin to get real income.
It's all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is even now a suspect as you did in the downgrade issue of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=sonomaeyeworks.com ?
I noticed the phrase you procure not used. Or you profit by the pitch-dark methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the decrease efflux of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=methadone average dose ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of helping of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg